One of the UK’s most well-established Removals, Storage and Moving Services companies, having recently undergone a period of growth are now looking for hard working individuals to join them as furniture fitters, hardware installers, IT installers and various other specialised movers.
The company have been operating nationally for over 100 years and are keen to continue growing with the focus remaining on customer service and flexibility. Covering all aspects of removals; Domestic, Commercial as well as more specialist moves the business has depots across the country and provide services to everything from small businesses to major blue-chip organisations.
This role does reward experience in similar environments, such as warehousing, logistics and removals, however it is absolutely not required. More important is a hard-working attitude, logical mindset and eagerness to progress as this role is very much considered as the path into an illustrious career within the removals industry with any qualifications needed for promotion being provided to you.
As a removals mate / drivers mate your responsibilities will be:
- Packing commercial, warehouse, factory areas
- Breaking down recycling
- Lifting and packing a range of furniture, hardware, fine art etc.
- Loading and unloading luton vans, class 1 and class 2 vehicles with items weighing up to 25kg
- The relocation of offices, banks, hospitals, art galleries, homes and more!
- Taking goods in or out of storage
- Larger Specialist Projects
- Complying with all company and health and safety procedures
- Working day often starts at 7am in Winsford
Why work in this role:
- Day rate of between £65-£75, the work is paid on a job and knock basis therefore teamwork is key
- Extra can be earned by completing overnight work or increased responsibility
- Opportunity to travel the country
- Complete flexibility of when you chose to work
- Complete variety – No two days are the same!
- Gain specialist knowledge on the relocations of various buildings
- Real potential for permanent employment
- Training and development opportunities including CSCS, HGV license and much more.
- Promotion opportunities
People who have previously been successful in the role have come from labouring, warehouse or production operatives, carpentry, painting and decorating, fitting, drivers mates, delivery drivers, retail and self employed workers looking to bolster their income as well as many more.
If you are looking for work to fit around current commitments, part time, temporary or are looking for something more full-time that could turn into a permanent, salaried role within months then please apply